Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trail Run and upcoming exciting race

Good Morning!

 I am already here at work and not suprised that I'm one of the only people here. I got here early due to boredom at the house and figured I'd write a blog that I've been meaning to post.

On Tuesday here at work I planned on going for a run around the neighborhood behind our building. The run immediately starts uphill so I was already breathing pretty heavily. I continued up the hill and saw the fence opening to the Barton Creek Trail. I was intrigued. I've walked it before but have never attempted to run it. I decided I would run it down and back. When I used to walk the trail my coworker and I were always looking for the "water" that was supposed to be down towards the bottom of the trail and we were never able to find it. Well ladies and gentleman (if there are any men reading this)...I found it!! I remember running and was so close to turning around to head back in...thats when I heard water....flowing water!! I ran past the thick tree's all bent over and contorting my  body as to not hit the branches that could possibly scrape my body and I found this beauty.

It was so nice to just sit and relax and enjoy the water. The sound of the waterfall was so breathtaking. I sat that for a minute until it was time to head back up the trail. I thought I was going to be able to run the whole way up but it was kinda crazy. My legs are still so sore from that day. I give mad props to trail runners.




This past weekend I had my two best friends over, Angela and Alexis.

 

We have been friends since elementary school. It's always so nice to have them around. I love that we are still so close and unseperable. That night I let them know that they had no choice but to run the Electric Run with me. As soon as I showed them the video they were both down. Yay! This will be the first race that I get to have my friends run with me.

And of course, we had to get serious and get to practicing. Who would have thought they'd make LED hula hoops now... :] They are a blast and a pretty good workout too.



Have a great almost Friday.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.