Tuesday, June 17, 2014

8 Reasons Why I Love My Dad

This weekend we celebrated Father's Day which was also my Brother's first as a Dad and my Mema's birthday. It was a very special day.

I arrived to their house early in the morning to help Mom make the food that Dad requested.

Fried Chicken, Collard Greens, Cornbread, Mashed potatoes, Squash, Cake, and Lemon Bars.

Sounds so healthy, right? Ha. Seriously though, I have felt sick for the past couple of days from eating this food. My body is definitely telling me that it can't handle that kind of food anymore. That's probably why I fell asleep an hour after I ate. But what Dad wants Dad gets. He deserves it.





8 Reasons Why I Love My Dad
  1. He taught me that it's okay to Love yourself. It's okay to like who you are. It's okay to be proud of yourself. And sometimes, it's okay to brag. You don't always have to keep proud moments to yourself. Let it be known.
  2. He taught me how to be a little country. How to run with the boys, be as tough as the boys, and sometimes to fight like a boy. He taught me how to get dressed in 5 minutes, how to shoot a gun, and how to make a free throw. 
  3.  He taught me to be friends with everyone. He taught me that looks can be deceiving and you could be missing out on a great friend because you decided to judge a book by its cover. He taught me that one of the most important things in life is to be a great friend.
  4. He taught me to love music. To dance and sing anywhere and everywhere I am. He taught me how to two-step and how to jam to soul, R&B, and hip hop. 
  5. He taught me to love the lake. He taught me to stop and look around, to get off my phone and see whats real. He taught me to catch a fish and how to drive a boat. 
  6. He taught me how to drink a beer or chug it. He taught me that "you need to eat before you start drinking because you won't eat once you start."
  7. He taught me that "if you want something, go get it because no one else is going to get it for you."
  8. He taught me that you must always be presentable. Dress nice, wash your face, brush your teeth, and comb your hair. You may not judge, but others do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.