Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Good things and Goals

Hey you all!

I took a little break from the blog because I wasn't really in a place that I wanted to discuss how I have been feeling lately. I haven't enjoyed the way I have been treating my body or myself as a whole.

So I'm not gonna sit around and cry about it any longer. I'm gonna do something about it. Set some goals and better myself and my relationship with Drew. I've at least figured out that you can't have a happy relationship if you aren't happy with yourself.

I've also learned that it's a lot harder on yourself when you forget to think about the good things you do for yourself and others. So I'll start with that then go on to goals.

  • I've been really good at helping my Mom through her surgery and post-surgery. Dad is also out of work currently so I've been sure to make them dinner and to visit them often.

  • I have helped to take care of Drew's Grandparents house while they were away on vacation. I even made them a care package for their road trip.

  • I've made sure to keep in touch with friends. Not only does that help me get through my days a whole lot easier, but I'm sure it puts a smile on their face when they know that I'm thinking about them and care about them.

  • I'm the captain at work for coordinating races. I'm in the process of getting everyone signed up for the Austin ROC race. We are at a team of 28 so far and the race isn't until September. I'm so happy with the results and it definitely puts a smile on my face that I've encouraged this many people at work to participate in running and being healthy.

  • I donated 2 large trash bags full of clothes to Goodwill. They were all very nice, decent clothes and I'm just glad that I can pass them along to others that really need them.

  • I volunteered at the food bank recently. It was the best 3 hours spent. We helped feed over 2,000 families with the amount of work we did in 3 hours.

Goal Talk

  1. Stop biting my nails! I've started this goal already and haven't bitten my nails in over a week. I just keep applying nail polish to them and this is definitely helping.
  2. Make time for myself. Read a book, go to the gym, pamper myself a bit, take long showers, tell Drew to go out and let me have the house to myself, go for a walk/run, go downtown and explore the shops... I think this is a really important part of not losing who you are. It can be difficult in relationships to not just do what the other person is doing. It's very important to do things that make you happy.
  3. Sign up for a race and actually make it. The past two races that I signed up for I did not attend. One was explainable, the other was because I had too many drinks the night before, which leads me to my next goal...
  4. Stop drinking during the week. It is not that important. It bogs you down, you don't feel good, and why do you feel the need to drink anyways? I understand that I am young and like to go out, so I can save drinking for the weekends, not really sure why I feel the need to drink during the week.
  5. Instead of drinking during the week, go do something active. Go sweat. Do anything that gets your blood flowing.
  6. Drew asked me to start waking up with him at 5 a.m. He says that he would love to see me in the mornings helping him out the door. I was also thinking it is the perfect opportunity to get in a nice run before the Texas sun comes out. I WILL start this goal next week.


I love when my mind and my heart are in the same place. That's when I have the most motivation and determination.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.