Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome

My name is Renae Farr. I'm a twenty-something lady in love with life. My boyfriend Andrew and I, have been together for over 4 years now. We love our two dogs D.O.G and Kujo. We live in South Austin. Our favorite things to do include:

  • Drinking ;] C'mon were still very young
  • Eating - Sucks for me because Drew gains absolutely no weight
  • Tubing San Marcos, Comal, or Guadalupe River
  • Disc Golf
  • Hanging out with our friends
  • Downtown Austin
  • I like to workout, he just likes to work
  • I love shopping, he loves playing Modern Warfare
  • I work for a broker/dealer firm for wealth management, Drew is a landscaper and loves it

So why am I here?

I am here to reach and maintain my weight loss goals. When I was at my biggest I was nearly 270 pounds and NOT happy. Went to college at Texas State University where me and my best friend were at. I began getting depressed there and wanted a change. I've always been a beautiful person on the inside and wanted to show that I can be beautiful on the outside as well.

 I started going to the gym with no high hopes. When I saw the pounds just shedding because I was actually finally doing some sort of physical activity, I immediately got caught up in the workout schedule. I began to enjoy it and would not let anything stop me from going to they gym. I was constantly at the gym and always watching how many calories i'd eat. I ended up loosing about 90 pounds. Then I got uninterested in working out. It was always the same things over and over. I ended up loosing about 10 pounds more before I met Drew, getting my self down to 175. I remember being so happy and confident. Friends from high school weren't recognizing me anymore, it was so awesome.

 I got with Andrew and that's when I also started smoking cigarettes. ughhh. I know. Within a year of being together i gained about 8 pounds back and was at 183. Finally one day, I decided to start doing something about it. I started siging up for races. I remember my first race, it was a 5k. My mom did it with me. I was in no shape to run. Running was very difficult to me actually. I finished that 5k in about 45 minutes. So I kept signing up for them. My second 5k was 38 minutes. I kept getting faster and it was encouraging to know that the girl who was always last, and in tears coming in from the track in high school was actually running now for fun. My third 5k got down to about 32 minutes.

Then my awesome job paid for anybody and everybody to run the Capitol 10k. I have never done anything like it before and had never actually ran a race before without stopping, but come on, I had to do it. It was free. So I quit smoking cigarettes and started training just about a month before the actual race. I couldn't believe I was actually gonna do it. Race day came, I remember running over the congress bridge and around the capitol. I remember seeing how strong everyones legs were, and how many people there were. 24,000 people! I was amazed. There was supposed to be mile markers along the way. I didn't see one until mile 4. My eyes grew big. I've never in my life ran 4 miles without stopping. So I continued. I told myself don't stop now, your more than half of the way there. I remember getting to mile 5.5 and I could see the ending of the race right around the corner, my mom would be waiting there for me to cross. I picked up my speed and began running as fast as I could. As I neared the finishline, I heard my mom before I saw her. :] Goooo RENAEEEEE! I crossed the finishline almost about to faint due to the heat and clasterphobia at the finishline. I found out my time. I finished in an 1:08 minutes. I finished in the top 25%. Not bad for a newbie runner. I couldn't believe I did it. And the time, I'm super excited about.

Currently, I've gained some of my weight back, but I am here to really change my lifestyle. I'm using the intuitive eating method and I think it's the best. I will go home and stay active when I get there, not just plop down on the couch. I will slow down on the alcohol, especially beer.



After the race. Extrememly excited                        Almost to the finishline!!

I want to live a healthly lifestyle. I need to live a healthy lifestyle. I will live a healthy lifestyle.

Until next blog,

RenaeNichole

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Drop a line.